- Staff & Crew: 144
- Guests: 189
- Length: 124 meters
- Breadth: 16 meters
- Draft: 4.9 meters
- Propulsion: 2 Wichmann Engines, 7375 horsepower
- Ice Class: 1D
- Cruising speed: 15.5 knots
- Registered: Nassau, Bahamas
Lifeboats: 4 fully enclosed
photos by Ken Kaminesky for Quark Expeditions
Sail aboard the Ocean Diamond, a modern, stable super-yacht and experience Quark's Antarctica. Carrying a maximum of 189 passengers, this outstanding small ship features numerous adventure options plus onboard amenities such as a massage and wellness program and a well-stocked polar library. The Ocean Diamond is staffed with legendary captains, officers, expedition leaders, and guides.
Cabins & Amenities-
- All cabins and suites have private facilities & exterior views.
- Single has one double bed with with window.
- Twin cabins have one double bed or two twin beds.
- Triple cabins are identical to twin cabins, with a third pull-down berth.
- All cabins have flat-screen TV, DVD player.
- Passenger elevator.
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender.
- Theater-style auditorium.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.
- Photography program includes the services of a resident photography instructor.
- Polar Library contains the largest collection of polar books & DVDs.
- Massage & Wellness program offers yoga classes, aromatherapy treatments & massage therapy.
Ocean Diamond offers-
- Intimate viewing of Antarctic wildlife, icebergs and more
- All cabins have exterior views and facilities en suite.
- Flat Screen TVs and DVD players in every cabin
- Chefs pamper you with delicious meals, three times daily.
- Remote headsets available for remote presentations.
- Massage & Wellness Program, Photography Program
- Optional camping, kayaking, snowshoeing, skiing & mountaineering.
- Polar Library & Expert in Residence Program
- One-year enrollment in Friends of Scott Polar Research Institute (SPRI)
- All-inclusive beverage packages available
- Speed of vessel saves up to 12 hours on Drake crossing. Giving you more time to enjoy Antarctica