We are pleased to announce the launch of our newly redesigned website and blog. We have worked hard to retain the best features of our old site while adding new features and larger images that really bring our trips to life. The new site makes researching and booking destinations, departures and types of cruises and land programs both quicker and easier.
“Visitors to our new website are noticing how easy it is to navigate through the pages and have commented on how accurate and detailed the information we provide is, often much more complete than even the ship’s own website,” noted Todd Smith, founder/director.
For example, for trip planning purposes, each trip has an arrival/departure note with advice on when and where to arrive so travelers can begin to plan flights. There’s a staff review of each ship from an AdventureSmith Explorations team member who has personally inspected or cruised aboard (in addition to the standard ship information with cabin descriptions, deck plans, photo images, etc.).
“Our new website provides the same level of trip and ship detail in a more digestible format (using tabs) so users are not overwhelmed by the amount of information available,” explained Smith. “The site is fully integrated into a new reservation system that will allow our experts to provide even more accurate and timely service and information to our clients.”
Other website enhancements include:
- Larger images and videos (when available) to bring each trip and ship to life.
- Route maps explaining the course and itinerary.
- Detailed pricing and cabin category descriptions for each departure date.
- Suggested tips directing users to other trips similar to the one they are looking at.
- Trip extension options for pre- or post-cruise add-ons.
- Easy to find accommodation descriptions.
- A new travel agent area for agents to learn about AdventureSmith Explorations and the company’s style of travel. Agents can download an agent manual with commissions, policies and tips to help agents sell adventure cruises. Agents can also sign up to become a travel partner.
- A new media center with resources for travel writers and editors.
- Research Tools -- Adventure Cruise News Blog, Travel Journals from staff and travelers and Trip Reviews and Ratings, all connecting to trips, ships and other content to provide even more insight to users researching small ship cruises.
- Social media integration – Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Pinterest icons that allow users to share content and notify friends when they are shopping or have purchased a trip.
- Travel Planner – A section of the website dedicated to helping travelers research and prepare for all aspects of their journey including flights, travel insurance, health information, packing lists, passports and documents.
- Travel Journals - Read trip reports from AdventureSmith explerts and ordinary travelers to really understand what the trip experience is all about.
We would like to thank everyone involved in this project including AdventureSmith staff Lis Korb, Melody Warnes and Todd Smith. And a special thanks to our partners at Newfangled for their expertise and outstanding project management.
We hope you enjoy the new website and if you have any comments or feedback we are eager to hear your thoughts.