Are you ready for the ultimate family adventure, away from tourist crowds? Small group wilderness voyages explore where big ships can't. Our selection of small ship expedition cruises and land-based wilderness adventures are designed to bring families together while experiencing the world’s most spectacular regions. We use the experience of traveling with our own children, parents and grandparents to help you choose the right trip and ship for your family.
Kids Love Active Adventures
Family-style cruises and land packages integrate fun, activity and learning with opportunities for personal discovery and exploration. Relax and enjoy your vacation, secure in the knowledge that your trip is fun, safe and hassle free. Share their enthusiasm as the kids are immersed in the excitement of learning and experiencing diverse nature and rich culture. Our trips utilize children's natural curiosity and quest for fun with plenty of flexible activities and interesting diversions.
Family Travel Planning
Scheduled family departures are planned around summer, winter and spring breaks from school. Designated family departure dates allow kids of common ages and interests to travel together. See our Family Travel icon throughout this site to identify trips with designated family departure dates.
We also specialize in planning private or custom charters and itineraries based on your families interests, abilities and budget. Call our family travel experts to craft your next family vacation – the adventure of a lifetime.
Designed for Families by Families
Family trips are scheduled with shorter drives and frequent stops for active exploration and learning. Scheduled activities consider the interests and abilities of younger travelers with plenty of instruction and flexibility. Local guides on family trips are expert kid coordinators with games, activities and diversions to keep youngsters and teens engaged and interested while creating opportunities for quality family time. Accommodations are family friendly with flexible room arrangements and a pool wherever possible. We stay at each location longer, reducing the need to pack and unpack. Because kids have special tastes, menus are arranged to satisfy their appetites without sacrificing yours. We use firsthand experience traveling with our own families to suggest and plan your family vacation.
Small Ship Cruises & Families
Is an adventure cruise right for your family? This is an important question to answer before booking a small ship cruise. If you are seeking an active adventure with experiences that bring the family together, then a small ship is right for you. Small ship cruises are perfect for families because:
- Small ships are a contained, controlled environment that travels to remote wilderness locations comfortably and safely.
- Off-vessel activities such as hiking, kayaking and snorkeling offer a chance to get away from the ship to experience nature and culture up close and actively engage in the region where you are traveling.
- On designated family departures you will travel among likeminded families with children of similar ages.
- Naturalist guides are trained to work with younger travelers and keep kids engaged, excited and educated.
- Share life enhancing experiences that parents, grandparents and kids will remember forever.
- Televisions, movies and video games take a backseat to once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
If this is the style of travel you are seeking for your family then call our family cruise travel experts today.