Small ship cruises make for perfect spots to toast the 2013 holiday season or ring in the 2014 New Year with family and friends. Here are our top picks for holiday travel in 2013, with warm and cold destinations on our list!
While the festivities aboard each vessel will differ, guests will enjoy special seasonal events and celebrations aboard intimate ships ranging in capacity from 36 to 189 people. And unlike most larger mega ships that often charge extra for shore excursions, guests on small expedition ships enjoy multi-activity programs on land at no extra charge.
- Hawaiian Seascapes – Dec. 21-28, Dec. 28-Jan. 4
- Cousteau’s Aquarium of the World (Baja Peninsula) – Dec. 21-28, Dec. 24-Jan. 4
- Antarctic Explorer Aboard the Ocean Diamond – Dec. 19-29
- Antarctic Peninsula including South Shetland Islands – Dec. 20-31
- Costa Rica, Panama Canal and Colombia – Dec. 22-29 comes with 25 percent savings for bookings before September 30, 2013.
- Santa Cruz Galapagos Cruise – Dec. 21-25
- Quest for Pura Vida (Costa Rica Land Adventure) – Dec. 21-29, Dec. 28-Jan. 5
- Galapagos Legend Cruise – Dec. 23-26
- Australia's Great Barrier Reef – Dec. 23-29
The Best Holiday Travel Deals
Wanna get away this 2013 holiday without paying the premium for it? Trips just before and right after the holiday season come with terrific discounts and better availability. If you are flexible with your dates, significant travel deals can be found around the holidays.
The experts at AdventureSmith Explorations recommend making your holiday season cruise bookings now, while availability remains.