AdventureSmith Explorations Founder & President
As founder and president, Todd puts the “Smith” in AdventureSmith Explorations. Todd has traveled throughout the world working as a guide and manager for small ship cruise lines and prominent ecotourism operators. As a recognized industry leader in small ship cruising Todd has been featured on television shows such as Lonely Planet and Jack Hanna’s Animal Adventures.
He has eight times (2012, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021) been named a Top Travel Specialist on Condé Nast Traveler‘s Annual Top Travel Specialists List (note that 2014-15 the list was not published), and he has been a guest lecturer at the Seminar for Thematic Cruises and Ecological Tourism in the Sea of Cortez, Outside Magazine‘s IATOS World Congress on Adventure Tourism in Chicago and the REI Flagship Travel Show in Seattle.
Todd is experienced in a wide range of disciplines relating to adventure travel, small ship cruising, guest services, guide and safety training, natural history interpretation and the development of sustainable tourism. He currently serves on the board of IGTOA (International Galapagos Tour Operators Association) and is an avid advocate for sustainable travel initiatives worldwide.
Todd’s expert reviews from his AdventureSmith travels include:
- Island hopping on a custom itinerary during a private Belize Catamaran Charter Cruise
- Experiencing travel in the age of COVID-19 aboard a Slow Travel Alaska Cruise
- Coming face to face with the King of the Arctic in Churchill, Canada
- Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef in Australia with his family
- Bypassing the Drake Passage on an air-cruise to Antarctica
- Being surrounded by caribou and being remote in Denali National Park
- Returning to Glacier Bay National Park and sharing in the splendor with his son
- Experiencing the driest desert on earth at Atacama, Chile
- Walking among the Moai statues in Rapa Nui (Easter Island)