The World’s Leading Online Resource For Small Ship Cruising Just Got Better
Tahoe City, CA, July 18, 2013 – The active travel company securing matches between adventure-seeking clients and a treasure trove of small expedition ships, AdventureSmith Explorations, announces a newly re-launched and enhanced website that makes researching and booking destinations, departures and types of cruises and land programs both quicker and easier.
AdventureSmith Explorations (http://www.adventuresmithexplorations.com/) currently represents over 80 percent of the expedition ships (carrying between 12 and 100 guests) in Alaska and its percentages are growing in Central and South America, Asia/Pacific, North America, polar regions and the Mediterranean.
“Visitors to our new website are noticing how easy it is to navigate through the pages and have commented on how accurate and detailed the information we provide is, often much more complete than even the ship’s own website,” noted Todd Smith, founder/director.
For example, for trip planning purposes, each trip has an arrival/departure note with advice on when and where to arrive so travelers can begin to plan flights. There’s a staff review of each ship from an AdventureSmith Explorations team member who has personally inspected or cruised aboard (in addition to the standard ship information with cabin descriptions, deck plans, photo images, etc.).
“Our new website provides the same level of trip and ship detail in a more digestible format (using tabs) so users are not overwhelmed by the amount of information available,” explained Smith. “The site is fully integrated into a new reservation system that will allow our experts to provide even more accurate and timely service and information to our clients.”
Other website enhancements include:
- Larger images and videos (when available) to bring each trip and ship to life.
- Route maps explaining the course and itinerary.
- Detailed pricing and cabin category descriptions for each departure date.
- Suggested tips directing users to other trips similar to the one they are looking at.
- Trip extension options for pre- or post-cruise add-ons.
- Easy to find accommodation descriptions.
- A new travel agent area for agents to learn about AdventureSmith Explorations and the company’s style of travel. Agents can download an agent manual with commissions, policies and tips to help agents sell adventure cruises. Agents can also sign up to become a travel partner.
- A new media center with resources for travel writers and editors.
- Research Tools -- Adventure Cruise News Blog, Travel Journals from staff and travelers and Trip Reviews and Ratings, all connecting to trips, ships and other content to provide even more insight to users researching small ship cruises.
- Social media integration – Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Pinterest icons that allow users to share content and notify friends when they are shopping or have purchased a trip.
- Travel Planner – A section of the website dedicated to helping travelers research and prepare for all aspects of their journey including flights, travel insurance, health information, packing lists, passports and documents.
Founded in 2003, AdventureSmith Explorations is based in Tahoe City, CA, along the northern shore of Lake Tahoe. In 2012, owner Todd Smith joined the ranks of Conde Nast Traveler's prestigious 14th Annual Travel Specialists List as the world’s expert on small ship expeditions, a distinction that was repeated again in 2013. For information, availability and 2013 reservations Phone: 800-728-2875 toll-free, visit www.adventuresmithexplorations.com or Email:
# # #
For media inquiries, interviews and photos contact Widness & Wiggins PR:
Sara Widness / 802-234-6704 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Dae Wiggins / 303-554-8821 / email@example.com
Website and Portfolio of Past Releases: http://www.travelnewssource.com/
Follow Widness & Wiggins PR on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/BoulderDave
Follow AdventureSmith Explorations: